Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Horrors of Gay Pride

I am very critical of gay pride.  The concept of being proud of such a thing is absurd.  The actual parades showcase sexuality and immorality.  This morning, I watched an interview on the news with an organizer of a gay pride event in Vancouver, who said that people would have the opportunity to walk down a certain street naked during the gay pride events.  Is that how the gay community wants to represent itself?  Personally, as a homosexual person, the gay pride parade and its focus on sex offends me. 

I am neither proud of nor ashamed of my sexuality.  I would hope that it would be considered the least interesting thing about me.  But the gay pride events draw attention to sexuality, and those who participate seem to make their sexuality a significant aspect of themselves. 

I am an opponent of the concept of the gay community as well as gay pride.  Any other gay people who share my views, please speak up!  

4 comments:

  1. Why I keep reading you: most times you aren't totally predictable and boring and actually are fairly brave intellectually. Keep surprising me and you'll have me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great to hear that you’re not swayed by groupthink. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gay pride sucks! i am gay!

    ReplyDelete

I will not tolerate irrelevant or inappropriate comments. Any such comments will be deleted. Please do not use sexually explicit language.